Step 2: COMPLETE ONLINE REGISTRATION
Complete the simple online form—fields with an asterisk are compulsory.
Entries may be submitted by any company or individual involved in the creation or production of the project, including designers, architecture firms and clients.
Step 3: EMAIL
An email will be sent to you with your unique UserID and Password for login.
Step 4: LOGIN TO SUBMIT
Enter with your login details and upload the materials for your entry.
There is no limit to the number of eligible unique projects that each firm can submit. However, each project may only be submitted once.
EACH PROJECT should have the first 6 pages following the TEMPLATE; the last page is optional.
For example, if there are 3 projects, entrants should submit 3 sets of [Report + Presentation panels + Declaration forms] (one set for each project).
MATERIALS FOR SUBMISSIONS
All submissions must be tendered anonymously, identified only by the unique User IDs assigned to the Entrants during registration. Entrants must not display their names, countries of residence and/or practice anywhere on the panels. Failure to do so may lead to the disqualification.
a) EACH PROJECT'S INFORMATION TO BE PRESENTED ON THE FIRST PAGE:
• User ID and project name
• Location of project (city, country)
• Concept stage completed date or completed date
b) PROJECT CHALLENGES:
A 250-word maximum description of the project challenges for each project
c) SPECIFIC SOLUTIONS:
A 250-word maximum description of the specific solutions to the aforementioned project challenges
d) FILE FORMAT
Maximum file size = 2.5 MB, submitted in A4 size, PDF format.
2) PRESENTATION PANELS
b) PROJECT DETAILS
The template is organised around the five judging criteria. Candidates must confine use of text to the space labelled TEXT within the submission template. Spaces created for IMAGES should consist only of drawings, rendered images, photographs and thumbnails (only two exterior images of the project are permitted). Text here should be limited to captions only. Entrants are free to showcase ANY NUMBER of photos/images within the gray spaces that have been indicated in the templates.
c) FILE FORMAT
• 7 pages to be submitted as 1 file. Maximum file size = 12 MB, submitted in PDF format, A2 size
• All images featured on the panels must be in RGB mode with a resolution of 72 DPI, laid out in landscape format
• Please include on the top right-hand corner of every panel: UserID, Category and Country (that project is located in).
• Every entry should explore and present according to the evaluation criteria stated. If a submission does not address all five criteria, entrants reduce the numbers of panels submitted.
• The contents of the panels should be sufficient to impart a clear understanding of proposal. Scales that are necessary to comprehend certain drawings, such as plans and sections, must be show as graphic scales next to the drawing.
• Under no circumstances will the Jury consider additional panels, materials or individual images that do not fit into submission template. Individual images will not be accepted for judging; all images should be presented within the submitted panels
• The jury reserves the right to ignore lengthy text explanations found within IMAGE panels.
• Entrants may be asked for files at a higher resolution of 300 DPI. Competition Registrar will advise Entrants if/when high-resolution softcopies are needed.
All entries must be submitted either in
1) Electronic format via www.bciasiaidawards.com or to email@example.com OR
2) Hard copy / CD to the nearest BCI office before 31 December 2017.
For hard copies, please include on the back of the envelope
• Submitting firm's contact information, including name, address, phone number and email address.
*By participating in this competition, entrants will grant BCI Asia permission to publish their projects on BCI Asia's magazines, websites, newsletters, social media, newspapers and collaterals.